Saturday, May 9, 2009

Titles of Ben Affleck Movies That Suck Even Though He Doesn't

So there's Gone, Baby, Gone.
I think that's it, honestly. All of the other titles of movies he's in that suck, he also sucks it up: Reindeer Games, Gigli, (That One Where He Tries to Fight A Bunch of Chinese Cooks in China Town as A Joke), Pearl Harbor, Daredevil. I could keep going and going. Why am I going and going? I moved out of Normal today and am at the Panera in Decatur. I really don't like this town. Lite-jazz and green grass and American flags can't change that.

I've nothing to do at moment. I could go home and watch Season Two of The Tick or those Peter Gabriel videos I also checked out from the library. I need to work on thinking ahead when it comes to my written diction. It's almost like improvisation. Being two steps ahead of the fingers and making it up as you go along, but understanding the rules so well that it just flows out organically. Writing about writing is like wearing leather and riding a motorcycle when you're fifty-three. You think it's pretty rad at the time, but everyone around you is yelling 'Stop it!' Plus, if you're tall and kind of stupid looking, no one will be taking your side on the matter. If you were to also wear a leather hat backwards, you've pounded the last nail in your coffin. You fucked up.
That's a true story.

Don't sit behind me.

No comments: