Friday, April 6, 2012

So I Have to Work Soon...but the Sun is Beautiful...but My Tinnitus Is Killing Me...but I Have to Work Soon...

I remember a lake. And a speed-boat.

But after that is all of these cops pulling over poor bastards at the intersection of Lake and Lyndale here in Uptown Minneapolis. I know this is the truth because it happened to me. In the AM, but I know for a fact that's the third siren I've heard within an hour (REMINDER: look into why 'an' is considered correct prefacing 'hour' in written English despite the apparent existence of a consonant). I bet they're pulling folks over left and right for making a left turn between 4:00 and 6:00. I was apprehended between the hours of 6:00 and 9:00. So maybe I didn't see the sign - I was too excited that there was light traffic against a light at the intersection for once. And I had really good coffee. What I didn't have was proof of up-to-date insurance (REMINDER: it turns out it was in my back seat the whole time), nor a state license. I eventually got the thing down to disregarding the NO TURN sign. Whew. Anyway...fuck the police. Coming straight from the underground. I'm not brown; but I am a young brother, and I do have it hard. Whew.

No comments: