Wednesday, November 19, 2008

October 26, 2008

HDTV -

Wrapping up. I had a great first-half-of-the-day. Kept busy, helped people all over the place, and wasn't miserable doing it. I went to lunch and hour and twenty minutes late because I was helping a couple pick out a faucet, vanity, vanity top, bath cabinet, linen cabinet, and bath mirror. A sell of over $1,600.00 - suck on that, management. Don't be trying' to chew my ass, 'cause I just made y'all some paper! Bitch!

That feeling I felt a few weeks ago, something like happiness and anticipation, wasn't a futural thing, it was complacency. I've got to get that shaken out of me toot-sweet. I wasn't looking forward to the future, I was getting used to the present. That changes now. Nobody and nothing can contact these schools for me except me; no one can write these things in my head but me; no one can divide and conquer my future but me. Hey hey, my my, rock and roll will never die.

- Later -

Rollins will come in a bit. Right now logging and coffee are the agenda. Also, I have a playlist to present. If someone can guess the municipal thread which holds the thing together, I'll owe them a Coke:

1. All I Really Want To Do - Bob Dylan
2. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man - Prince
3. Books About UFOs - Husker Du
4. Color Me Impressed - The Replacements
5. Get On the Boat - Prince
6. Friend, You've Got To Fall - Husker Du
7. 9th and Hennepin - Tom Waits
8. Like the Rest of Us - Atmosphere
9. She's A Woman (And Now He Is A Man) - Husker Du
10. IOU - the Replacements
11. Surfin' Bird - The Trashmen
12. Ever Since You Told Me That You Love Me (I'm A Nut) - Tiny Tim
13. Most People Are DJs - The Hold Steady
14. Insistor - Tapes 'N Tapes
15. Two Angels - The Jawhawks
16. Misery - Soul Asylum
17. Christmas Card From A Hooker In Minneapolis - Tom Waits
18. Answering Machine - The Replacements

I'll get back to the apartment now and keep logging. I seem to have forgotten my headphones.

No comments: